If you're looking for a little inspiration to jump start your eco-friendly lifestyle - look no further than Lauren Singer.
Lauren has been documenting her zero waste lifestyle for years on her blog, Trash is for Tossers - and last year started The Simply Co., an organic laundry detergent company committed to producing sustainable, zero waste, cleaning products.
I've been stocking the laundry detergent in the shop (sorry, it isn't available in our online store yet) and was excited to read that they were going to offer a bulk option so that we could provide in store refills!Well, guess what, peoples? It's here! If you've already purchased and loved this organic
laundry powder, just bring in your empty jar and I'll refill it for you in either Unscented or the delicious Lavender scent.
Never heard about The Simply Co.? Here are the details...
- each 30oz Jar contains up to 60 loads of laundry!
- it has Excellent Cleaning Properties - gets the stains out and protect the colors!
- Perfect for the Whole Family - great for everything from cloth diapers to delicates
Baking soda, washing soda, and Organic Vegan castile soap (+ Organic essential oils)
Here's what it doesn't have: No SLS. No dyes. No 1-4 dioxane. No EDTA. No petrochemicals. No Chlorine. No Phosphates. No DEA. No formaldehyde. No optical brighteners. No synthetic preservatives. No animal testing!
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of The Simply Co. laundry powder, depending on load size and soil level
- Run your machine or handwash
- For use in Standard and HE Machines
A refill using your empty simply co. jar is $14 - which is a $4 savings and good karma for reusing your container. Really, any large mason jar works too - 30ounces for $14.
If you'd like to test out the product before making the switch, just stop in with your own mason jar to buy a sample (enough to clean four to eight loads of laundry for $4.50)