Bordentown One Square Mile racer back eco tank
Brand Mimosa Goods
We make our home in Bordentown, New Jersey - a little town, just one square mile in size, that was and is home to wonderfully talented residents. Here are just a few of our famous, former Bordentonians:
- Thomas Paine - political activist, theorist, philosopher and revolutionary
- Clara Barton - founder of the American Red Cross, and an educator who opened the first free public school in New Jersey. Guess where?
- Patience Wright - first American born sculptor
- Francis Hopkinson - a signer of the Declaration of Independence who also contributed to the design of the first American flag
- Susan Waters - renowned painter of pastoral landscapes
- Joseph Bonaparte - exiled King of Spain and brother to Napolean, he made Bordentown his home for over 20 years.
- Richard Gilder - poet, author, and editor of The Century Magazine
- Isaac Dripps - assembled the John Bull steam locomotive without blueprints, instructions...or ever having seen a steam locomotive (smarty pants). Bordentown is the site of the first movement by a steam locomotive in the US!
$1 from the purchase of each 1 Square Mile totes and tanks goes to the Bordentown Historical Society.